On 09/04/2018 04:32 PM, Andrew Lunn wrote:

>> +void b53_serdes_phylink_validate(struct b53_device *dev, int port,
>> +                             unsigned long *supported,
>> +                             struct phylink_link_state *state)
>> +{
>> +    u8 lane = b53_serdes_map_lane(dev, port);
>> +
>> +    if (lane == B53_INVALID_LANE)
>> +            return;
>> +
>> +    switch (lane) {
>> +    case 0:
>> +            phylink_set(supported, 2500baseX_Full);
>
> Hi Florian
>
> Could you also use it for 2500BaseT_Full with an appropriate copper
> PHY?

My reading of the datasheet (which only mentions 2.5G with no further
mention) make me think that is not possible to do copper at 2.5G and
only 2500baseX since it only talks about fiber and not copper.

Would you recommend a specific SFP that allows that? Like this one:

https://www.flexoptix.net/en/sfp-t-transceiver-2h-gigabit-cat-5e-rj-45-100m-100m-1000m-2500-base-t.html?co8829=85744
--
Florian