> On 09/11/2018 09:00 PM, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
> >please no samples.
> >Add this as proper test to tools/testing/selftests/bpf
> >that reports PASS/FAIL and can be run automatically.
> >samples/bpf is effectively dead code.

Just a second.

You do realize that RDS is doing real networking, so it needs
RDMA capable hardware to test the rds_rdma paths? Also, when we
"talk to ourselves" we default to the rds_loop transport, so
we would even bypass the rds-tcp module.

I dont think this can be tested with some academic "test it
over lo0" exercise.. I suppose you can add example code in
sefltests for this, but asking for a "proper test" may be
a litte unrealistic here- a proper test needs proper hardware
in this case.

--Sowmini