On 03/10/18 16:36, Jiong Wang wrote:
> On 28/09/2018 14:36, Edward Cree wrote:
> > But what you've described sounds interesting; perhaps it would also
> >  help later with loop-variable handling?
>
> Haven't considered how to use this for loop-variable handling, guess you mean
> applying what I have described to your previous loop detection RFC? I will
> look
> into your RFC later.

Tbh I was thinking more of John Fastabend's version (I'm not sure if he ever
 got round to posting patches, but he discussed the design towards the end of
 https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg216285.html ) which
 is building 'proper compiler data structures' and thus might be interested
 in proper use-def chains.  (Or it might not; I'm not really a compiler-guru
 so it's not immediately obvious to me.)

My approach was much less interested in the 'provenance' of the induction
 variable, just that it was increasing appropriately, so use-def chains are
 not really relevant to it.

-Ed