On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Gerrit Renker wrote:

Quoting Chris Lalancette:
|  Hello,
|       I realized that all of the packets that go from the crashing machine to
the netdump server have a zero checksum.
<snip>
|       Assuming that this is just an oversight, attached is a simple patch to
compute the UDP checksum in netpoll_send_udp.

|  Signed-off-by: Chris Lalancette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

RFC 768 allows to not compute the checksum by leaving uh->check at 0 - hence it
is not illegal.

BTW: leaving UDP checksum at 0 is only valid for IPv4, with IPv6 we _have to_ compute a checksum.

Best regards,

                        Krzysztof Olędzki