> > >  Not sure
> > > though when
> > > that would apply here,
> >
> > It could apply to xfrms if they happen to be using the context
> > represented by any of the initial SIDs.
>
> Which would happen when?

If one were attempting to use a context pertaining to the unlabeled init
sid in the SPD and/or the SAD. But would I be correct in assuming that the
same sid (unlabeled init sid in all likelyhood) would end up being returned
when the context is turned into a sid, resulting in the SPD and the SAD
using
the same init sid, thus making a full-context compare unnecessary?

> > > and it would only apply if both SIDs
> > > were initial
> > > SIDs.
> >
> > OK. Will narrow the full context comparison to just this case.
>
> What's the harm from just using the SID comparison and
> allowing for the
> possibility that there might be a few duplicates in rare
> circumstances?
> Does it break any assumptions in the rest of the logic?

The best I can think of is if the SA's sid doesn't match the
socket's SID, IKE would come into play, if it's configured.

I also wanted to conversely ask what harm exists if we did
a full-context compare in the event the sids didn't match?

Are we just trying to generally avoid extra code?