James Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Paul Moore wrote:
>
>>1. Functionality is available right now, no additional kernel changes needed
>>2. No special handling for localhost, I tend to like the idea of having
>>consistent behavior for all addresses/interfaces
>
> I don't agree.  SO_PEERSEC should always just work for loopback, just like
> with Unix sockets.

My main concern is that we would have "special" behavior for a single IP address
   and that this behavior wouldn't be subject to the same labeled networking
configuration/management methods as the rest of the address space.  Treating
localhost like any other IP address seems consistent with the way we handle Unix
sockets - we don't have any special handling depending on the path of the
socket.

--
paul moore
linux security @ hp