* Steven Whitehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2006-11-09 11:46
> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 12:27:35PM +0100, Thomas Graf wrote:
> > Renames nfmark to mark and remove the dependency on netfilter
> > to ease usage by all subsystems. Also removes all the unneeded
> > config options to enable routing by fwmark, it can be safely
> > enabled by default.
> >
> > Moves mark selector code from per protocol part into the generic
> > part and adds support for inverting selectors.
> >

> Acked-by: Steven Whitehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> so far as all the DECnet bits go. One question though... will you
> be adding later (as your slide #5 and #11 from your netconf presentation
> appear to imply) a way to set the mark from the routing table (presumably
> included in the nexthop info) ?

So far I haven't planned this, slide #11 describes that if I add an
address with a given mark the corresponding route will only apply
to packets with a matching mark. Slide #5 shows the idea of an ingress
classifier/action setting the mark field based on iif. I focus on
selecting routes based on marks, not the other way around but its
certainly a intersting idea if you can elaborate it further.