Basheer, Mansoor Ahamed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :
[...]
> My understanding here is, on receive interrupt the ISR should disable
> the receive interrupt irrespective of the polling task's state (active
> or inactive).

Apparently it could happen even with 2.6.19-rc5, yes.

> I changed the code (as shown below) and it works perfectly.

Afaics your change may disable the Rx irq right after the poll
routine enabled it again. It will not always work either.

The (slow) timeout watchdog could grab the poll handler and hack
the irq mask depending on whether poll was scheduled or not.

> Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix already available?
>
> Also, we get frequent TX timeouts during high rate of traffic. What
> could be the reason for this frequent TX timeouts?

No idea. Have you considered upgrading to a kernel which is not almost
2 years old ?

--
Ueimor