On Thursday 09 November 2006 23:23, Paul Hampson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Long time lurker, first time poster. ^_^
>
> I've been backporting the bcm43xx-d80211 driver to whatever the released
> 2.6 kernel was using the rt2x00 project's d80211 stack (equivalent to
> current wireless-dev but with a workaround for not having a ieee80211_dev
> pointer and still using the _tfm interface instead of the _cypher interface.)
>
> As of last night's wireless-dev tree bcm43xx, everything seems to be
> operating fine except incoming broadcast traffic is coming in 14 bytes too
> long and scrambled. I presume this means it's not decrypting properly...

It sounds like a bug in the hardware decryption setup.
Are you using TKIP or not?

Incoming mcast frames are handled in a special way in hardware.
The keyidx field of the packet is used to lookup the key, as
far as I know. (Otherwise the MAC address is used).
Can I see a full dmesg log and a capture log on the broken machine, please?

--
Greetings Michael.