On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 09:34:27AM +0100, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 02:24, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:

> >> TKIP is still software encryption. Did you try with WPA-AES, for example,
> >> which is hardware encryption?

I've just tried with WEP-104, which reports hardware encryption for all
four keys.

> Ah, and also note that you _need_ firmware from a v4 binary driver
> to have hardware encryption with bcm43xx.

Just to summarise results so far:

(Current version)
bcm43xx-d80211 w/v3 firmware and TKIP: Garbled broadcast RX
bcm43xx-d80211 w/v4 firmware and TKIP: Garbled broadcast RX
bcm43xx-d80211 w/v4 firmware and WEP-104: Correct broadcast RX

(version from wireless-dev before October 23rd, unsure of exact date)
bcm43xx (softmac) w/v3 firmware and TKIP: Correct broadcast RX

Still to test: bcm43xx-d80211 w/v3 firmware and WEP-104

I also tried looking at how the two drivers I've got here are clearing
their keys and comparing them to the bcm specs, and there's nothing
obviously wrong that I can see. Sadly I can't compare the drivers
directly since one is using the v3 specs and one the v4 specs... -_-

And to top it off, current wireless-dev's softmac bcm43xx driver doesn't
build against 2.6.18, and I'm not yet motivated into munging it into
doing so, unless it will have diagnostic advantage to this situation.
(It'll require also building a new ieee80211softmac at least)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/