Thomas,

I came across this comment in DaveM's blog:

"Next he described a way to do route matching based upon branching rules with a "GOTO" operation. Only forward GOTOs would be allowed in the tree in order to prevent loops, but this would allow to match on many key components and allow a high level of rule sharing.

One nice consequence of Thomas's work is that we can force packets for a local address to still go over a real ethernet device. Some people do this for testing and the current kernel cannot do this. Continually a very ugly patch keeps getting submitted which allowed this but broke a lot of other things. Thomas's ideas allow this to be supported cleanly."

And was wondering what the status of this work was. I'm interested in being able to force packets for a local address out a real ethernet device.

thanks

- kumar