On 11/15/06, Johannes Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 22:27 +0530, Udayan Singh wrote:

> 1. if i understood correctly.. The discussion thread : "wireless notes
> / pre d80211 merge" discussion applies to the directory "net/d80211/"
> from git:......

Right. I CCed you because you seemed interested in d80211.

Thanks.. Johannes.. :)

> 2. Test environment to setup for d80211 would be like this :
>
> Laptop (Centrino - with ipw2200 or would it be some other) <----> PC
> acting as Access Point (with Wireless modem)

no, ipw2200 doesn't do d80211. check drivers/net/wireless/d80211/

ok. you are referring to bcm43xx , etc

> Any other that you would suggest that would be a more reasonable test
> environment setup ?
>
> Also if you have suggestions which company of appliances i should go for..

What do you want a test environment for? That's the key issue. I have a
bunch of wireless hardware and an access point...

lets say we have development happening in d80211 driver. now if i want
to participate in the development of the (d80211), i can do it in a
much better manner if i am trying out modificaitons on my own on the
drivers that are using d80211 (my feeling) e.g. bcm43xx, etc. Hence i
would like to setup a test environment where i can make modifications
in code (of d80211 or related driver) and test it....

> Few points that for clarification.
> 1. I intend to do the same so that I can also check if I make any
> changes how are they reflected. I hope my purpose would be solved with
> above setup.

Not sure what you mean? Do "the same" what?

same - "participate in development on d80211"

> 2. How frequently would there be changes required in h/w here ?

Umm, never?

You fail to state what you actually want to do...

sorry for that, will surely try to give a complete picture in future
(tried that today again - hope its ok..).

johannes

thanks..

Udayan
Tata Consultancy Services