Jeff Garzik wrote:
Needs to use an "i have broken stats" feature flag, rather than adding yet another mac_type test into the code. This testing of MAC type rather than feature flags is a major e1000 problem, and it bloats the driver quite a bit. Intel has been told for /months/ this is a problem, yet I still see patches like this.

it is "nice" that you say this, and Intel is working on a "flags" based driver. However that is, as you state yourself here, a major invasive change, and thus not suitable for 2.6.20 inclusion. Yet these fixes are important bugfixes; I don't think it's fair to hold these hostage..

Greetings,
  Arjan van de Ven