I wrote:

> After frustrating days of hung TCP connections, I have determined that
> the encryption routines in net/iee80211/ieee80211_crypt_tkip.c should
> be more aggressive in providing themselves with enough packet tailroom
> to perform their encryption.

Having further reviewed my code, I have changed my mind; the
ieee80211_crypt_tkip routines are not designed to be responsible for
creating enough headroom and tailroom.  The "hostap" driver should be
doing this.  In fact, I now see that the "hostap" driver actually
attempts to create enough headroom and tailroom, but computes them
incorrectly.

I will, per the MAINTAINERS file, head back to the hostap mailing list
with a patch for hostap_80211_tx.c - this time, CC'ing the official
maintainer, as I ought; thank you, Michael Wu, for making me aware of
that bit of courtesy.

--
Brandon Craig Rhodes   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://rhodesmill.org/brandon