On 1/23/07, Thibaut VARENE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- As Jarek pointed out, you're checking twice the value of
mp->tx_desc_count, which means dereferencing a pointer and accessing
memory twice. I don't know how perf-critical this bit of code is, but
I wonder which of keeping the lock for a long time or doing what you
is better (I'm being anal and you probably know that better than me :)

Forget that. That's an irq disabling lock, it's worse than anything else :)

--
Thibaut VARENE
http://www.parisc-linux.org/~varenet/