On 1/23/07, Michael Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 23 January 2007 18:23, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I have to manually associate the dscape stack with my AP. Is this way
> the code is supposed to work? Everything works ok after the manual
> association.

It's suppose to work with wpa_supplicant which sets every parameter.
NetworkManager uses wpa_supplicant so configuration can be pretty easy.

Something isn't working right with NetworkManager for me. I have both
zd1211 and rt2570 devices and neither will start automatically but I
can get the going manually.

I'll try running NetworkManager in the debugger and see if I can
figure out what is failing. NetworkManager is working ok for me on
non-dscape devices.

As for running as an AP:
rt2570 will start in Master mode
zd1211 refused to set Master mode

zd1211 has this problem too:
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
   SET failed on device wlan1 ; Invalid argument.

If you really want to manually associate, set the channel, (e)ssid, and
encryption (if any) in any order, and then set the bssid (ap) last. There
will be patches to allow association by just setting the SSID for backwards
compatibility with configuration scripts.

-Michael Wu

--
Jon Smirl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]