On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:22:33AM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> Basic initalization, setup comments.

Thanks, fixes have been incorporated and will be reposted. Most of them
was obviously just my lack of diligence. See however the two below.

> > +static irqreturn_t pasemi_mac_tx_intr(int irq, void *data)
> > +{
> > +   struct net_device *dev = data;
> > +   struct pasemi_mac *mac = netdev_priv(dev);
> > +   unsigned int reg;
> > +
> > +   pasemi_mac_clean_tx(mac);
> > +
> > +   reg = PAS_IOB_DMA_TXCH_RESET_PINTC | PAS_IOB_DMA_TXCH_RESET_SINTC;
> > +   if (*mac->tx_status & PAS_STATUS_TIMER)
> > +           reg |= PAS_IOB_DMA_TXCH_RESET_TINTC;
> > +
> > +   pci_write_config_dword(mac->iob_pdev,
> > PAS_IOB_DMA_TXCH_RESET(mac->dma_txch),
> > +                          reg);
> > +
> > +   return IRQ_HANDLED;
> > +}
>
> To do shared IRQ's properly you need to check to see if
> this is your device IRQ or not. Maybe reading config value?

Right now it's guaranteed that the interrupts will not be shared. They're
fixed for the on-chip devices, and no other driver should be binding to
the same channels (and thus irqs).

If it changes in the future, the driver would need other rework as well.

> > +
> > +static struct pci_driver pasemi_mac_driver = {
> > +   .name = "pasemi_mac",
> > +   .id_table = pasemi_mac_pci_tbl,
> > +   .probe = pasemi_mac_probe,
>
> Don't you need a remove routine?

No hotplug support at this time, so I didn't see any use in providing one.

-Olof