From: David Miller <da...@davemloft.net>
> Sent: 12 May 2020 00:10
> From: David Laight <david.lai...@aculab.com>
> Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 21:28:18 +0000
>
> > In this case the "modified in userspace meanwhile" just breaks the
> > application - it isn't any kind of security issue.
>
> The kernel must provide correct behavior based upon the stable IP
> header that it copies into userspace.  I'm not moving on this
> requirement, sorry.
>
> I'm sure you have great reasons why you can't use normal UDP sockets
> for RTP traffic, but that's how you will get a cached route and avoid
> this exact problem.

Not unless you can tell me how to create a UDP socket that doesn't
receive data.
Even if there is a corresponding RTP receive flow there is no reason
why it should use the same port numbers and IP addresses.

        David

-
Registered Address Lakeside, Bramley Road, Mount Farm, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT,
UK
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)