On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 20:19 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> I think having notifications for this case makes sense (IIRC I used
> to use a similar patch some time ago, but can't find it right now).
> But we need to indicate somehow that it is a replacement and not a
> completely new route, either by sending a RTM_DELROUTE for the old
> route first (which would match what devinet does for addresses)
> or by echoing the NLM_F_REPLACE flag. The former would probably be
> easier for userspace to understand since it wouldn't need to
> replicate the replacement logic just to find out which rule got
> replaced.

Hard to tell what is better. I slightly tried to test my patch with
quagga routing daemon. And then I tested second case: send RTM_DELROUTE
before RTM_NEWROUTE. Quagga updates internal rib in both cases (as I saw
in debug logs). I was in fear that quagga will try to install sefl route
but it doesn't catch.
So from my point of view is all the same :).

--
Milan Kocián <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>