David Miller a écrit :
From: Brian Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:27:07 -0400

The problem is that drivers don't necessarily align the address on the correct boundary, so on some 64-bit arches this could be fatal. There's ways around it since I did it in a previous life, but you'd need to copy the addresses and hide them in the skb in the rare case, neither of which is a great thing to do.

Yes, the majority of the network drivers are only ensuring 32-bit
alignment after the ethernet header currently on receive.  They
were designed with ipv4 in mind long ago and then the logic just
gets copied everywhere.

Yes I see...

Maybe we could at least define a 'struct in6_addr_k' for internal structures only, to speedup some parts of IPV6 stack.