On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:15:18AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2007 08:00:36 -0400
Michael Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2.6.21 seems to have fixed the stability issues I was seeing when using the skge driver with the older sk98xx dual port fiber cards. There is still one more lingering oddness: if I have *two* dual port cards in a system, say eth2-5, I see traffic on eth2, eth3, and eth5, but nothing on eth4. This seems to be consistent accross a couple of systems I've tested; only the first card's second interface sees packets (e.g., with tcpdump). If I reboot with the sk98lin driver on the same kernel I see all traffic, as expected.

Are the statistics changing? ie. ethtool -S eth4 and ifconfig eth4

Ok, I ran this for a lot longer and it seems less consistent than it did at first. It now appears that there is no correlation between a NIC not working and its order. In some cases the NICs both come up ok, and see traffic for a while. I left one example running over the weekend, and neither interface on one card was seeing traffic, and the interface counters weren't increasing. In another case, one interface on one NIC worked for a short period of time, then stopped. The interface counters would increase by a few packets every 30 seconds or so. Any kind of ethtool operation (e.g., ethtool -A eth4 autoneg off rx off tx off) would cause the interface to start seeing traffic again, then eventually go back to seeing only a few packets every few seconds.

Mike Stone