Herbert Xu wrote:
Kok, Auke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The source file has four extra lines at the top because of a
trivial wireless patch, so 898 in that code is really 894 in
the stock kernel.
please shared that code then.

I've had a look and e1000 is definitely buggy.

The problem is that you're calling netif_poll_enable on startup.
This is *wrong*.

netif_poll_enable can only be called if you've previously called
netif_poll_disable.  Otherwise a poll might already be in action
and you may get a crash like this.

So perhaps you should divide e1000_up into two sections, one that
is called on both start and restart and another which is only
called on restart (i.e., after e1000_down).

OK, that would explain the recent frenzy of reports in this matter. That code was only recently merged. I will dig into this and get a patch out as soon as I can so you can test this.

Thanks Herbert.

Auke