On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 07:03 -0400, jamal wrote:
> Hi Zhang Rui,
>
> Really cool stuff. Can you instead use genetlink?
> http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Generic_Netlink_HOWTO
> should help. And if you have more questions post on netdev (not lk).

Yes, I have one now. :)
I need to write a user application to test my patch.
Netlink messages can be sent/received using the standard socket API.
But how to receive Genetlink messages from specified genetlink family?
There is no socket ACPI with such a parameter, right?
Do I have to receive all the genetlink messages first?
It would be great if there are any examples on user space communication.

Or should I use libnl library instead?

Thanks,
Rui.