On 6/13/07, Francois Romieu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Please ignore my previous response. Forgot to reply_all..

o ixgbe_clean_tx_irq() is issued from the NAPI poll handler (as the
  name suggests...). Its locking will probably cause a deadlock if
  it is interrupted and a call to netpoll_send_skb follows.

netpoll_send_skb should not deadlock because ixgbe_xmit_frame should
bail out because of this...

     if (!spin_trylock_irqsave(&tx_ring->tx_lock, flags))
              /* Collision - tell upper layer to requeue */
              return NETDEV_TX_LOCKED;

Right?

The LLTX and tx_lock handling in the driver is not clean and I am
working on to fix it. Also will make sure we are handling the net_poll
case correctly...

Thanks for the feedback..

Ayyappan