Wolfgang Nothdurft wrote:
Hi,

with the new e1000 driver version 7.3.20 the onboard gigabit nic 82547EI
(8086:1019) doesn't work correctly.
After transferring about 100 megabytes over a gigabit link the transfer
stopped and I have to reinit the link either by doing a ifconfig down/up
or unplugging the network cable.
The RxIntDelay is set to 0 like described in the docu. Playing with this
Parameter only increases the amount of traffic to be send and the error
occurs later.

have you tried (the default) 8000 ? Do you get the same problem when you run 2.6.21 with 7.5.5.1 or 7.3.20 ?

This happens also with the 7.4.35 and 7.5.5 driver from the intel side.
The driver 5.7.6 from kernel 2.4.33.3 and the 6.1.16 from intel works
very well on this hardware.
Also other gigabit nics we use didn't have this problem.
Is this issue already known?

this is the first time I have heard this issue.

Is there any solution yet?

I'm not that good :)

Can you file a bugreport on e1000.sf.net and attach the usual (ethtool -e, dmesg, ifconfig -a, lspci -vv) debugging output and problem description for us? I'll try to see if I can have our labs setup a repro case, which might be hard given the adapter type, but we will do our best.

Auke