On Fri, 2007-29-06 at 21:35 -0700, David Miller wrote:

> Awesome, but let's concentrate on the client since I can actually
> implement and test anything we come up with :-)

Ok, you need to clear one premise for me then ;->
You said the model is for the guest/client to hook have a port to the
host and one to each guest; i think this is the confusing part for me
(and may have led to the switch discussion) because i have not seen this
model used before. What i have seen before is that the host side
connects the different guests. In such a scenario, on the guest is a
single port that connects to the host - the host worries (lets forget
the switch/bridge for a sec) about how to get packets from guestX to
guestY pending consultation of access control details.
What is the advantage of direct domain-domain connection? Is it a
scalable?

cheers,
jamal