Hi,

I have a tyan s2912 system that I'm trying to get to boot. It locks up
right now just after:

forcedeth: using HIGHDMA

I did some printk in forcedeth.c, and it seems to be stuck in here:

> for (i = 0; i < 5000; i++) {
>         msleep(1);
>         if (nv_mgmt_acquire_sema(dev)) {
>                 /* management unit setup the phy already? */
>                 if ((readl(base + NvRegTransmitterControl) &
> NVREG_XMITCTL_SYNC_MASK) ==
>                     NVREG_XMITCTL_SYNC_PHY_INIT) {
>                         /* phy is inited by mgmt unit */
>                         phyinitialized = 1;
>                         dprintk(KERN_INFO "%s: Phy already initialized by
> mgmt unit.\n", pci_name(pci_dev));
>                 } else {
>                         /* we need to init the phy */
>                 }
>                 break;
>         }
> }

nv_mgmt_acquire_sema never returns true, and also has a 5 second delay
in it, so it starts looping 5,000 times with a 5 second delay. The
screen blanks out and doesn't come back, so I'm not sure if it ever
would finish.

I'm able to get it to boot with a knoppix cd, so I'm thinking there must
be something wrong in my .config. I've attached the lspci and config for
reference. Any tips to what I'm missing or how to debug further would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alex