[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
7. NAPI mode uses sigle Rx queue and so fake netdev usage is removed.
8. Non-NAPI mode is added.

Honestly I'm not sure about drivers that have both NAPI and non-NAPI paths.

Several existing drivers do this, and in almost every case, I tend to feel the driver would benefit from picking one approach, rather than doing both.

Doing both tends to signal that the author hasn't bothered to measure the differences between various approaches, and pick a clear winner.

I strongly prefer NAPI combined with hardware interrupt mitigation -- it helps with multiple net interfaces balance load across the system, at times of high load -- but I'm open to other solutions as well.

So... what are your preferences? What is the setup that gets closest to wire speed under Linux? :)

        Jeff