Roland Dreier wrote:
 > > +    { PCI_VENDOR_ID_BROADCOM, PCI_DEVICE_ID_NX2_5710,
 > > +            PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, BCM5710 },

FWIW, this could be neater as

        { PCI_VDEVICE(BROADCOM, PCI_DEVICE_ID_NX2_5710), BCM5710 }

Yes. And additionally, I prefer (but not require) that people directly use a hexidecimal constant in the PCI ID table for device ID, if that is the only place in the entire codebase referring to that PCI device ID.

Using a named constant for a single-use PCI device ID merely aggrevates include/linux/pci_ids.h patching headache for what is ultimately an arbitrary number [usually] picked out of thin air by the hw vendor.

        Jeff