David Miller wrote:
From: John Heffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:32:26 -0400

There are a few interesting things here. For one, the bursts caused by TSO seem to be causing the receiver to do stretch acks. This may have a negative impact on flow performance, but it's hard to say for sure how much. Interestingly, it will even further reduce the CPU load on the sender, since it has to process fewer acks.

As I suspected, in the non-TSO case the receiver gets lots of packets directly queued to user. This should result in somewhat lower CPU utilization on the receiver. I don't know if it can account for all the difference you see.

I had completely forgotten these stretch ACK and ucopy issues.

ISTR that LRO will induce stretch ACKs as well. Not that I dislike fewer ACKs mind you... :)

rick jones