Anil Veerabhadrappa wrote:

+
+/* iSCSI stages */
+#define ISCSI_STAGE_SECURITY_NEGOTIATION (0)
+#define ISCSI_STAGE_LOGIN_OPERATIONAL_NEGOTIATION (1)
+#define ISCSI_STAGE_FULL_FEATURE_PHASE (3)
+/* Logout response codes */
+#define ISCSI_LOGOUT_RESPONSE_CONNECTION_CLOSED (0)
+#define ISCSI_LOGOUT_RESPONSE_CID_NOT_FOUND (1)
+#define ISCSI_LOGOUT_RESPONSE_CLEANUP_FAILED (3)
+
+/* iSCSI task types */
+#define ISCSI_TASK_TYPE_READ    (0)
+#define ISCSI_TASK_TYPE_WRITE   (1)
+#define ISCSI_TASK_TYPE_MPATH   (2)

All of these iscsi code shoulds be in iscsi_proto.h or should be added there.
This is a very tricky proposal as this header file is automatically
generated by a well defined process and is shared between various driver
supporting multiple platform/OS and the firmware. If it is not of a big
issue I would like to keep it the way it is.

The values that are iscsi RFC values should come from the iscsi_proto.h file and not be duplicated for each driver.

+/*
+ * hardware reset
+ */
+int bnx2i_reset(struct scsi_cmnd *sc)
+{
+       return 0;
+}

So what is up with this one? It seems like if there is a way to reset hardware then you would want it as the scsi eh host reset callout instead of dropping the session. We could add some transport level recovery callouts for the iscsi specifics.

We may not be able to support HBA cold reset as bnx2 driver is the
primary owner of chip reset and initialization. This is the drawback of
sharing network interface with the NIC driver. If there is a need for
administrator to reset the iSCSI port same can be achieved by running
'ifdown eth#' and 'ifup eth#'.
Current driver even allows ethernet interface reset when there are
active iSCSI connection, all active iscsi sessions will be reinstated
when the network link comes back live

If you cannot support it or it does not make sense just remove the stub then. I say it is not a big deal now, but hopefully we do not hit fun like with qla3xxx and qla4xxx :)

+
+void bnx2i_sysfs_cleanup(void)
+{
+       class_device_unregister(&port_class_dev);
+       class_unregister(&bnx2i_class);
+}
The sysfs bits related to the hba should be use one of the scsi sysfs facilities or if they are related to iscsi bits and are generic then through the iscsi hba

bnx2i needs 2 sysfs entries -
1. QP size info - this is used to size per connection shared data
structures to issue work requests to chip (login, scsi cmd, tmf, nopin)
and get completions from the chip (scsi completions, async messages,
etc'). This is a iSCSI HBA attribute
2. port mapper - we can be more flexible on classifying this as either
iSCSI HBA attribute or bnx2i driver global attribute
Can hooks be added to iSCSI transport class to include these?

Which ones were they exactly? I think JamesB wanted only common transport values in the transport class. If it is driver specific then it should go on the host or target or device with the scsi_host_template attrs.