>Does "acceptable" mean that there is a noticeable difference when compared
>to the patch based on a busy-waiting loop ?

I noticed a somewhat significant difference between patch #0002 and a
busy wait loop with ndelay(10). Write performance was equivalent in
both cases as should be the case.  Read perfomance for me maxed out
around 150ish megabit whereas switching to the ndelay(10) loop brought
up average performance around 350ish megabit while reading the same
files over samba.

--David Madsen