Jiri Slaby wrote:
Kok, Auke napsal(a):
Jiri Slaby wrote:
I still have problems with the driver. When I do `ip link set eth0
up', ksoftirq
runs with 100 % cpu time, so I think you endlessly re-schedule some
timer (or
the new napi layer?)
something changed in the logic and e1000e apparently does something
wrong. I'll look into it on monday and resubmit a fixup patch (see
robert olsson's mail as well discussing this issue)

he's posted me a patch, but no change on my side :(.

that's what I feared/thought as well when I saw his patch - e1000e and e1000 are slightly different so the exit condition will be as well.

Anyway, I'm going away of the box on monday (today). will be back on fri to
test patches :).

I'll be on top of it. Since e1000e will be merged I need to get this workign properly before the merge window opens - no pressure :)

Auke