On 9/28/07, Rick Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Herbert Xu wrote:
> > Jon Smirl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>App is writing seven bytes to the socket. Socket write timeout expires
> >>and the seven bytes are sent. The checksum is not getting inserted
> >>into the packet. It is set to a constant 0x8389 instead of the right
> >>value.  App is gmpc 0.15.4.95, Revision: 6794
> >>
> >>Attached Wireshark packet trace show the problem. e1000 is 192.168.1.4
> >>64bit, Q6600. Dell Dimension 9200
> >

> > Wireshark is broken.  It needs to know TP_STATUS_CSUMNOTREADY
> > means that the checksum is partial and will only be completed
> > when the hardware sends the packet out.
> >
> > Alternatively disable checksum offload with ethtool.
>
> Or take the packet traces "outboard" of the NIC somewhere/somehow.
>
> What problem(s) led to your taking the packet trace in the first place?

I was working on the Ethernet driver for another embedded system
attached to the box. I noticed these errors going to my NSLU2 which I
thought was working ok. But now I know they are not real errors.

Ethernet driver for MPC5200 in embedded system still has some
problems. It is being discussed on linuxppc-embedded.

--
Jon Smirl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]