On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:27:38AM +0200, Joakim Tjernlund ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> > Did you change eth_type_trans() to catch your proto?
> >

> Just fond out something:
> if I redirect my prog like so:
> ./sniff > log
> and press Ctrl-C after a packet has been sent to it,
> it does NOT work. I don't get ANY output in my "log" file, not
> even the printf("---------\n") appears.
> But if I run whithout redirect it works(at least with ETH_P_BPQ)
> Anyone else see this too?

I only tested with IP and ARP packets - I can not say when packet was
actually received and written to log, but it does start filling up, but
maybe not immediately - it can be output buffering in shell though.

--
        Evgeniy Polyakov