Overall that poor driver is more than a little bit ugly :)

Well, given some of the code I've put into netperf over the years I wasn't going to be the first to cast a stone :) but I won't disagree with the assesment :)

Looking at the large chain of highly-similar values, I would tend to prefer the attached patch...

That achieves my desired end result of no warning while compiling on ia64 so I'm happy with it. I suspect that may also get rid of a warning on parisc so I should be doubly pleased :)

rick jones