Wang Chen a écrit :
Eric Dumazet said the following on 2007-11-13 19:11:
Wang Chen a écrit :
Add raw drops counter for IPv4 in /proc/net/raw .

+    atomic_t        sk_drops;
This doesnt need an atomic_t , just an 'unsigned int' is OK, since
sock_queue_rcv_skb() is called on a locked socket.

Yes, sock_queue_rcv_skb() is called on a locked socket. But sk_drops
will not only used with sock_queue_rcv_skb(), but also with xfrm4_policy_check(), skb_checksum_complete(), skb_kill_datagram(),etc.
So, atomic_t ensure sk_drops will be atomic increment.

Also, I suggest doing the sk_drops increment in sock_queue_rcv_skb() so
that it can be used for other sockets as well ?

As I described before, sk_drops will be used on different conditions,
on which the raw drop happens.
So doing sk_drops increment in upper caller is better than in sock_queue_rcv_skb().

Thank you for your suggestion, I will make a new patch to add sk_drops
increment in other places.

Thank you for clarifications, I was not aware upcoming patches were planed.