> One more thing: your qdisc can only be used as root qdisc since it
> produces packets itself and thereby violates the rule that a qdisc
> can only hand out packets that were previously enqueued to it.
> Using it as a leaf qdisc can make the upper qdiscs qlen counter
> go negative, causing infinite dequeue-loops, so you should make
> sure that its only possibly to use as root qdisc by checking the
> parent. It would also be better to do something like netem
> (enqueue produced packets at the root) to make sure the qlen
> counter is always accurate.

I agree with you.
PSPacer should not use with other rate regulation qdiscs. But,
I think that a combination of netem and PSPacer is a useful for
emulating networks. The following paper describes experimental
results using PSPacer with netem:

       "Large Scale Gigabit Emulated Testbed for Grid Transport
       Evaluation", PFLDnet 2006.
       http://www.hpcc.jp/pfldnet2006/paper/s1_02.pdf

Best regards,
Ryousei Takano