Hello,

Thank you so much for your comments.

David Miller wrote:

> All of these other functions are identical copies of the stream
> counterparts, they should all be consolidated.
>
> I still see a lot of special casing, instead of large pieces of common
> code.
>
> There should be one core set of functions that handle the memory
> accounting, regardless of socket type.  Maybe there is one spot where
> something like sk->prot->doing_memory_accounting is tested, but that's
> it.

I understood. I'll re-write my patch set to make memory accounting
core functions.

> Also, the memory accounting is done at different parts in
> the socket code paths for stream vs. datagram.  This is why
> everything is inconsistent, and, a mess.

Could you tell me more detailed information?

Does this comment mean interface and usage of memory accounting functions?
If so, I'll consolidate functions like sk_stream_set_owner_r() and
sk_stream_free_skb(). And, I may have to use memory accounting functions in
memory allocating functions like sk_stream_alloc_pskb() as possible
instead of inside of socket operating functions.

Or, does the comment mean that send buffer accounting in IP layer
(e.g. ip_append_data()) is wrong?

Anyway, in next patch set, I'm going to consolidate mem_schedule
functions and mem_reclaim functions. To do so, some of memory
accounting functions for stream protocols will be renamed or
be moved to core/sock.c from core/stream.c.

I would like to know what kind of enhancement must be needed for
memory accounting core functions.

Again, thank you for taking your time to review this feature.

Best regards,
Hideo

--
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.