Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
Hi, Patrick.

Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
There are tree paths in it, that set the skb->proto and then
perform common receive manipulations (basically call netif_rx()).

I think, that we can make this code flow easier to understand
by introducing the vlan_set_encap_proto() function (I hope the name is good) to setup the skb proto and merge the paths calling netif_rx() together.

Surprisingly, but gcc detects this thing and merges these paths
by itself, so this patch doesn't make the vlan module smaller.

I already have something similar queued, but your patch is a nice
cleanup on top. I'll merge it into my tree and send it out after
some testing, hopefully today.

What are your plans about this patch? Should I resubmit this one?

Sorry, I'm pretty backlogged from Christmas, but I have your patch
queued and hope to catch up until the end of this week.