Kok, Auke wrote:
All,

here is the third version of the igb (82575) ethernet controller driver. This
driver was previously posted 2007-07-13 and 2007-12-11. Many comments received
were addressed:

- removed indirection wrappers in the same way as e1000e and ixgbe.
- cleaned up largely against sparse, checkpatch
- removed module parameters and moved functionality to ethtool ioctls
- new NAPI API rewrites
- by default the driver runs in multiqueue mode with 2 to 40 RX queues enabled.

and specifically in this version:

- register macro's were condensed for readability
- fixed namespace collisions by renaming functions to igb_*

Since the driver is still too large (allthough the patch shrunk from 558k to
416k
to 407k, almost 38% of its size) to post to this list I am attaching the bzipped
patch here. You can get the same driver alternatively from here:

http://foo-projects.org/~sofar/0001-igb-PCI-Express-82575-Gigabit-Ethernet-driver.patch
[407k]
http://foo-projects.org/~sofar/0001-igb-PCI-Express-82575-Gigabit-Ethernet-driver.patch.bz2
[74k]

or through git:
    git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/linux-2.6 #igb

There are several concerns still open for this driver:
- hardware code is still a large API. we're expecting more hardware to be
supported by this driver in the future. The API has already been scrubbed but we
anticipate that the remaining hooks will be used in the future.
- The register defines are still named "E1000_" as they are mostly identical to
the e1000 chipsets (igb register space is a superset of most recent e1000
register
sets).

I think we can throw it into netdev#upstream if you're ready...

        Jeff