From: Jarek Poplawski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:31:37 +0100

> So, let's try something easy first: #ifdef __KERNEL__. (I know there
> are many esthetes around, but since this subject looks quite dirty...)

You can't do this, the attribute is copied to the user netlink SKB
using sizeof(struct gnet_stats_rate_est) as the size (or more
specifically sizeof(*p) where p is a pointer to this structure).

Therefore this new patch has the same exact problem.

Fix this right, make a structure like:

struct kernel_gnet_stats_rate_est {
        struct gnet_stats_rate_est      est;
        void                            *gen_estimator;
}

And update all the code as needed.