Tony Battersby wrote:
> I am experiencing network tx hangs on a dual-port SK-9E22 with sky2 in
> 2.6.24.  The problem is triggered by both ports transmitting at high
> speed simultaneously.  This problem is 100% quickly reproducible.
> Here is the setup:
>
> PC #1 with Intel PRO/1000 NIC:
> e1000 IP address 192.168.1.1
> running iperf -s
>
> PC #2 with Intel PRO/1000 NIC:
> e1000 IP address 192.168.2.1
> running iperf -s
>
> PC #3 with SysKonnect SK-9E22 (dual-port copper PCI-express)
> sky2 IP address 192.168.1.2
> sky2 IP address 192.168.2.2
>
> So basically, I have two PCs with Intel PRO/1000 NICs running "iperf
> -s".  Each of these Intel NICs is directly cabled to one of the two
> ports of the SysKonnect NIC.

make sure to disable the default Linux arp behavior for this kind of
test on PC3 by*
[EMAIL PROTECTED] echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_filter
[EMAIL PROTECTED] echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/arp_filter
[EMAIL PROTECTED] echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/arp_filter

*see http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-arp.html