> fgnijuhhu guduggurehug  :
> [...]
>> I already posted my problem and what I did to solve it on
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=461429.
>
> Have you tried anything more recent than a 2.6.18 based kernel ?

No, but if changes were made to the iniatialization of the chipset in the
current driver (mine was 2.2LK), this might do the trick. The problem is that
the error is rather erratic and unreproducible.

Anyway, how to best upgrade the kernel in debian (without problems, of course)?
The problem right now is that every apt-get upgrade reverts the r8169 driver to
the old one...