Sergei Shtylyov <sergei.shtyl...@cogentembedded.com> :
> On 4/23/2015 1:08 PM, Jia-Ju Bai wrote:
[...]
> >I also find many drivers do not use these managed APIs, especially in
> >ethernet
> >card drivers (like e100, r8169). Is it possible to change them?
>
>    Patches welcome. :-)

I respectfully disagree.

If someone believes basic resouce management to be too hard or error-prone
to handle, he should imvho seriously rise the bar and reconsider the way
he wants to contribute to the kernel.

I may hope he who reads e100.c to think about DMA api, bql or rx ring
holes avoidance to quote a few ones. Managed API ? Mildly...

--
Ueimor