> >> It is extremely disappointing that you've defined your own debug
> >> logging macros, which use generic dev_*() printks, instead of using
> >> the proper netdev_*() printk logging interfaces to do this.
> >
> > We can make this change. I'm not sure why it was missed since we
> > have netif_level support. Please note, we will still need to use the
> > dev_ macros for those places in the driver where we don't have a
> > netdev yet.
>
> Of course.
>
> But there is no reason to go through a special locally defined
> macros to do this stuff.  Just invoke dev_* and netdev_* directly.

I think the main reason we're doing this is because we're passing around
struct octeon_device (which has a pcI_dev pointer and a netdev pointer)
through some parts of the code and felt the consistency in the printk
interface was better than having extra pointer dereferences (like
&oct->pci_dev->dev) inline in the code.  Do you mind if we keep wrappers
for those pieces? The other places where netdev is immediately available
can easily be changed.