On 28.04.2015 06:47 AM, Vadim Kochan wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 06:33:18AM +0200, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>> On 28.04.2015 06:05 AM, Vadim Kochan wrote:> So by default ss prints
>> socket with CONNECTED state and even UDP can be
>>> in the CONNECTED state on the Linux,
>>
>> UDP can be in a CONNECTED state... ooookay. That's probably a conntrack
>> thing.
>>

>>> so you can specify 'ss -ua' (may be some explanation should be added to
>>> the ss man page) which should print UDP sockets in the any state, AFAIK
>>> it was the default behaviour before my changes.
>>
>> Could this please be reverted? It's breaking other stuff that uses ss.
>>
>> Also: ss -lxua returns an empty list, too. Previously, the families seem
>> to have been OR'd, while they are now ANDed?
>>

>> Mihai
>>

> I will try to fix this ...

Thanks!

To be a bit more verbose about the rationale:

Changing the default behavior is generally a bad idea, unless strictly necessary
(e.g., if the previous default behavior was buggy anyway), because it may break
other software. Please try introducing behavioral changes via new options.

That way, dependencies will still work fine and anyone who wants to use the new
behavior can explicitly do so via a switch.

I could work around this by checking ss' version, but that turns out to be a
pain, too, because ss -V reports something like this:

"ss utility, iproute2-ss150413"

Not exactly a "friendly" version like "3.19.0" or "4.0.0" to check against...

Mihai