On 05/27/2015 01:48 PM, Vivien Didelot wrote:
Hi Guenter,

Interesting question. Does the underlying network device support VLAN HW
acceleration (NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_CTAG_RX, NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_CTAG_TX) ?

Yes, in our case, it's an IGB device.

I also set the DSA slave_dev->features and slave_dev->vlan_features to
master->vlan_features | NETIF_F_VLAN_FEATURES | NETIF_F_HW_SWITCH_OFFLOAD,
not sure if it is good or not.

I have experimented with NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_CTAG_FILTER, with associated code
in the switch driver, to provide vlan filtering in the switch, but so far
I think I am doing something wrong.

Do you have lock debugging enabled in your code ? I am getting a recursive
lock warning due to a recursive call to dev_mc_sync(). I think we may have
to implement lock nesting for dsa, similar to how it id done for vlan
support, but I have not been able to figure out how exactly it works yet.

If yes, the dsa code may need to move the tag into the header.
If we are lucky, a call to vlan_hwaccel_push_inside() might do it.

Thanks, I'm currently looking into it and doing some tests, I'm coming back to
you asap.

Do you have some vlan dsa code to share, by any chance ? That might
save me some time, as I am looking into it as well.

Yes, I am about the send an RFC for fully integrated 802.1q VLAN support on
Marvell 88E6352 devices.

Excellent, that is going to safe me a lot of work! If you don't mind,
please Cc: me as I am not subscribed to the network mailing list.

Thanks,
Guenter