On 06/10/2015 10:23 AM, Josh Hunt wrote:
On 06/10/2015 10:16 AM, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki wrote:
Hi,

Josh Hunt wrote:

Hajime

Thanks for the report. I mentioned in an earlier post this might be a
problem.

Dave, what if we restore the old behavior, but add a new label to
handle the case where the decapsulating protocol returns the nexthdr
value? Allowing for migration over to this method over time. I've
pasted in a patch doing so below.

I think it is insufficient because IPv6 stack already uses
positive value, 0 and negative values.

Where does it use a negative value?

ret is only checked to be > or == to 0. I don't see any checks or code
handling a return value of < 0 prior to my patch.

If something does return a negative value should it since nothing
happens with it?

Looking at the code again, I guess we don't increment
IPSTATS_MIB_INDELIVERS if we get a negative return value prior to my patch.

If so, then I guess we have to fix this in the udp path like you were suggesting. I will look at this and propose a patch to revert my original change and update the v6 udp code.

Josh