On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:54:06AM +0200, Nikolay Aleksandrov wrote:
...snip...
My personal opinion would be to disable non-ethernet devices, but support was
already added and has been there for a long time so we have to fix this for
the older releases, I don't mind removing non-ethernet device support for
net-next
but I'm guessing there're people still using that like the case that started
this thread.

Yep, last time non-ethernet devices broke there were quite a few reports
for ppp users, and infiniband is indeed used a lot too. No options here, we
must support it...